Monday, October 17, 2005

Dark Rural Lights

The end of summer scan-athon continues. Here are the images from summer trips to North Carolina and back home to Michigan. I had some trouble with these weird cyan lights people seem to use a lot more not in New York, that seem to be recorded as immutably cyan, no matter what color filtration I'm using while I'm printing. My guess would be that it has something to do with full spectrum fluorescents or that my Fuji NPS 160 really isn't made for night photography, and the colors are shifting all over the place, but I'm not as much an expert on my film as I really should be.

I've also given up on trying to fix my scans beyond the barest of level correction, since my current set-up is so shitty and I don't have access to a 4x5 negative scanner. It just didn't seem like it was worth it trying to get rid of stuff like scratches that were on the contact printer glass, or dust, when I'm scanning prints on a cheap flatbed.

Otherwise, these pictures are a continuation of looking at the suburban nightscape. These are a little blacker than usual, which is something I've been looking at a little bit when I'm printing; just giving up on some shadows and aiming for a deep inky black. We'll see how I end up feeling about this.

No comments: