Friday, February 18, 2005

SPRING Group Show

The pictures below are in a group show at a cafe in Williamsburg curated by some painters I knew in college. It was a little last minute, so I ended up just giving them 16x20 work prints, a few of which have been sitting around my apartment for a couple years now. Two of them are in kind of scuzzy condition and spotty as hell, not to mention not very carefully color balanced. I asked Liz and KB to hang them sort of more haphazardly and make sure they were labeled as work prints. I think I said something like "hang them all fucked up with nails or something and we'll call it Works In Progress." We'll see how that goes.

The picture with the trash and the mirror was in another show curated by friends of friends in what ended up being the worst experience ever. I'm at a loss to explain why people are interested in that picture, as I'm not particularly into it.

From the email:

Please join us this Friday February 18th for a reception to celebrate a bright, new, dawn-of-spring-time group show at Phoebe's Cafe in beautiful Brooklyn New York, where the trees are blooming and birds are chirping....

Artists in the show include:
Mamie-Claire Cornelius
Shibani Mookerjee
Brian Sette
Jonathan Smith
Andrew Ti
Ben Young

Phoebe's Cafe
323 Graham Ave
Tel 718-599-3218
(take the L train to the Graham Ave stop - one block from subway station)
Curated by KB Jones and Liz Jonckheer

we hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like these pictures more if they had less nudity.