Saturday, May 09, 2009

Point and Shoot Ideas

In the interest of trying to loosen up, I went ahead and got a little digital point and shoot, that is just about good enough to put together a decent looking print. This will mark the second "loosening" of the system (hilariously, a Fuji 67 was the first attempt). But I've been feeling like I'm in a rut lately, so I wanted to just have a camera that I could carry with me at all times, and to think about making pictures with people in them.

Still trying to work out what I want to get out of using this camera. The first advantage is that I've been getting closer to things than I usually do with the large format, and, while I'm still not in love with inkjet printing, it is sort of interesting to shoot more instinctively and edit after the fact.

So, while I sort through how these images are going to work in with my other work, a selection of the digital work.

IMAGES


Los Angeles, 2009


Los Angeles, 2009


Miami, 2009


Miami, 2009


New York, 2009


New York, 2009


New York, 2009


New York, 2009


New York, 2009


New York, 2009


New York, 2009


New York, 2009

No comments: